Salary: £100 – £130 per day DOE
Reports in to: Programme Manager
Hours/Days of work: Monday to Friday (+ occasional weekend work)
Just Recruit are on the lookout for experienced Reinstatement Operative for our client based in Glasgow.
Due to continued company growth a fantastic opportunity has arisen with our client for self-employed Tarmac and Asphalt operatives or gangs for their surfacing division. Hand lay & machine work, pothole repairing, reinstatement works and general highway maintenance.
You will be required to carry out a high standard of safety and quality reinstatement works on the highway and footway, using modular and asphalt specific materials, while complying with all applicable legislation and regulations. From time to time there may be a requirement of slab laying as well as mono-block and concrete so experience in these areas will be an advantage.
As a Reinstatement Operative your responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver to site modular and asphalt materials and use for re-surfacing to the required specifications
- Remove spoil and waste materials and dispose as instructed
- Complete allocated work and work records within the planned timescales to the standard of safety and quality
- Liaise with planning/management team throughout the day
- Ensure that all signing Lighting and Guarding is set up and maintained in accordance with chapter 8 guidelines
- Operate plant and Equipment
- Ensure images are captured, using company devices, at each stage of the task
- Take all reasonable steps to uphold the environmental values of the company
Candidates must hold a UK valid driving licence & CSCS card as a minimum. Advantageous qualifications include NRSWA, PTS, CPCS and first aid. Transport will be provided from our client’s depot.
Due to the nature of the business, the successful candidates will need to be able to work nights & week-ends occasionally.
If you are an experienced Reinstatement Operative and have an interest in a self employed position with a forward thinking and dynamic company then APPLY NOW!