Job Title: Cook
Hours: Full Time (35 hours)
Working Pattern: 5 over 7 (Generally 10am – 6pm, with occasional evening shifts for events)
Salary: £8.45 per hour
Just Recruit are on the lookout for an experienced and enthusiastic in-house cook for our client in Glasgow’s West End. Are you an experienced cook who also has a passion for supporting people with learning disabilities to eat a healthy balanced diet? Use your cook experience to work in rewarding role within a well established Supported Living Service. As an in-house cook you will provide a necessary supporting role to the operation of the 24/7 supported living services.
- Menu planning with service users, ensuring all dietary and nutritional requirements are met, developing good practice in terms of healthy eating and well being
- Food preparation
- Ordering stock
- Stock rotation
- Ensuring strict adherence to all food hygiene and health and safety requirements as well as general good housekeeping re: the kitchen are all fundamental aspects of this role.
- You will work within our client’s person centred ethos to enable and empower service users to make the best food choices for themselves as far as is reasonably practicable.
Do you have?
- Relevant experience providing catering services
- A great understanding and awareness of Health, Safety and welfare within the workplace
- An understanding of store room maintenance and stock control
- A desire to involve service users in food choices and menu planning with an ability to provide information on healthy eating choices
- Experience working effectively within a team
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- Good IT Skills or willingness to learn
- Experience and knowledge of budgeting
- Experience of working with people with learning disabilities within a community setting, either paid or unpaid.
If you have all of the above and you can provide an empathetic, patient, confidential and caring approach to service users then APPLY NOW!
**The role is one which requires checking under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups. The post holder will be required to undergo regular checking for this and any other regulatory requirement.**