Job Title: Catering Supervisor
Hours: 35 hours per week (between 8am & 4pm, Monday – Friday)
Salary: £16298.00 per year
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced catering supervisor within a supporting day centre environment.
Just Recruit are on the lookout for an experienced catering supervisor to work within our client’s well established day centre in Drumchapel.
As a Catering Supervisor you will provide a necessary supporting role in the operation of the service, overseeing all operations of the Centre’s Catering Services, contributing to the general aims and objectives of the unit, including healthy menu planning, ordering stock, food preparation and supervising/supporting service users and staff seeking to advance their professional and practical experience of food preparation, healthy cooking, table service and dish-washing duties. You will work with the team, to provide a high quality of care and support for staff and for service users who have a learning disability.
At present, our client is looking to develop their catering services, to offer supported work tasters and training within their dedicated diner.
You will also have the opportunity to lead and achieve the Healthy Living Award for the newly renovated café.
Your role will see you:
- Developing and planning menus on a two weekly rotation and themed events with an emphasis on healthy eating, to comply with national care standards.
- Pricing dishes and other foods for sale to service users and ensuring full recovery of direct and associated costs.
- Sourcing and ordering ingredients and other stock, ensuring IT reports are regularly updated.
- Overseeing all aspects of the café including service, reconciling daily takings etc.
- Training and supporting service users and staff in a variety of roles associated with food preparation, cooking, serving, taking money and customer service, to REHIS standard.
- Ensuring adherence of self, staff and service users to all aspects of health and safety, food hygiene and a positive customer experience.
- Any other tasks associated with the Centre catering operations as may be reasonably required
- You will adhere to health and safety procedures at all times, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all service users, staff and visitors and take appropriate action to rectify and identify any issues.
- Assist support workers in their work with service users.
We’re looking for experienced an Catering Supervisor who is enthusiastic and motivated with experience working in a caring & supporting role with a proven commitment to enabling people with learning disabilities to participate in their community and play a valuable social role. You may be required to undertake occasional out-of-hours working for which time off in lieu of payment will be awarded.
Do you have a City & Guilds/SVQ qualification in commercial cookery, food preparation and services setting with experience within an in-house and out-house environment? Then APPLY Now!