Job Title: Business Support Advisor
Salary: Ranging from £21,000 to £25,000 Pro Rata, based on experience
Reports in to: Managing Director
Hours/Days of work: 21 Hours per week (with possibility of future increase)
Our client, Taylor Nisbet is a Glasgow based ethical business consultancy working with local and national organisations who are creating positive change in their communities. Taylor Nisbet provides practical business support that enables organisations to grow and become self-sustaining, so they can continue to help people in and around Scotland.
Due to continued business growth they are now looking for a business support advisor to join their team. You’ll be helping to deliver a great service to clients like Young Enterprise Scotland, The Tall Ship and Clydesdale Community Initiatives. You’ll meet with clients, help them plan their businesses, apply for funding and report on the great work they’re doing. You’ll be supported by a team of positive people who are creating sustainable impact in the social enterprise sector.
Taylor Nisbet are flexible to their client’s situations. Sometimes you’ll work late to get the job done and sometimes you can finish early. The important part is delivering a high quality of work for the organisations you will support.
As a Business Support Advisor, the duties of the role include:
- Meeting clients / facilitating sessions to gather information and plan project delivery
- Plan delivery of projects with support from the Marketing & Operations director
- Complete desktop and field research where required
- Collaborate with co-workers to complete projects
- Report on activities to management team
- Draft documents including feasibility studies, business plans, evaluation reports
- Proofreading and editing of documents
- Identify additional client opportunities where appropriate
- Proactively represent our client’s organisation at events
- Other duties as reasonably required within an early stage business
- Minimum 3-5 years practical experience in the third sector
- Other relevant sector/industry will be considered
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject (not essential.) Attitude and practical experience are important to our client.
The perfect candidate for this role will have relevant industry experience and possess the following skills:
- Proactive, confident, organised and can work with minimal supervision
- Track record of delivering business support projects
- Identify relevant information, analyse it and communicate well in written reports
- Great people skills, someone who their clients will engage with and trust
- Able to chair meetings with larger groups as well as meeting individuals
- Knowledgeable about the third sector and current issues
- Realistic about sustainability, aware of the economic as well as the social and environmental factors
- A hard-working, team player able to multitask and manage their time well, willing to get involved when there are capacity issues, as is required from time to time in a small team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Able to travel across Scotland when required (mainly central belt)
If you’re looking for a rewarding, flexible part – time Business Support Advisor role then APPLY NOW!